Overland Park Single-Tooth Implants
Reasons you might be a good dental implant candidate
- You are medically healthy.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You have a healthy mouth free from periodontal disease.
- You are willing to commit to the maintenance dental implants require.
- You are completely grown (18 years old for girls, 21 for boys)
- You have adequate bone for implant placement. A majority of bone deficient areas can be treated with bone grafting procedures.
- You have adequate space for dental implant placement.
Dental implants can be a great way to replace a missing tooth. They are a particularly good choice when the teeth on either side of the gap have small or no fillings since other tooth replacement options involve the restoration of the adjacent teeth in some way. Single tooth dental implants are not connected to the neighboring teeth and function similar to a natural tooth. They are the most ideal tooth replacement option that dentistry has to offer.
Ward Periodontics offers:
- Onsite 3D CT scans that are read by a board-certified radiologist (at no additional cost to you) to precisely plan your dental implant.
- Computer guided implant placement with our X-Guide navigation system.
- Surgical removal of infected tooth/teeth and various bone grafting options.
- A team approach to your implant care. We work with your preferred dentist to create the smile you desire.
- A supportive and friendly team of dental professionals to support you through the process of tooth replacement.
- Financing options to make implants affordable for you.
Is a Single Tooth Implant right for me?
Dental implants may be a great solution for your missing teeth. Here are reasons to consider dental implants as part of your overall dental care:
- The success rate for dental implants is high.
- Implants do not get cavities.
- Implants do not require treatment of teeth next to the implant site like a dental bridge.
- Implants are “fixed” in place and do not come in and out of your mouth.
- An implant looks and feels like a natural tooth.
- Implants can help preserve your jawbone over time.
- An implant can be used to restore multiple teeth giving you your smile back.
The typical timeline fora single implant placement is as follows:
- Extraction of tooth to be replaced with bone preservation.
- Healing period of 8-12 weeks for bone growth and development.
- Placement of the implant “screw” portion.
- Healing period of 8-12 weeks for development and fusion of bone to the implant surface.
- Restoration of the implant(s) with crown, bridge or denture by your dentist.