Overland Park Full Arch Dental Implants
Full arch dental implants are a great solution when you need to replace all of your teeth. Four to six implants are placed in your jaw bone, and a prosthesis (sometimes referred to as a dental bridge) is made into a custom fit for you. On the day of implant placement, you will leave our office with temporary teeth. After your dental implants have healed for several weeks, you will receive your final bridge.
Why Our Team is Different:
We are different from an all-in-one center because we will work with the dentist of your choice. If you like your current dentist, you do not need to change. And if you like the idea of having your treatment all in one location, we have Overland Park prosthodontists (specialists in advanced dental restorations) who can come to our office for your convenience.
There are five steps to full arch implant treatment.
- Initial exam and 3D CT scan. We are also available for video pre-consultations at no cost to you!
- Implant placement day, where you will leave with your temporary teeth.
- Placement of your final teeth.
- Final adjustments and fitting of your teeth.
- Maintenance of your implants and teeth.
Many people ask about the cost of full arch dental implants, and if that is a concern for you, you are not alone. We offer third-party financing and payment plans to make specialty care affordable for you. During your initial exam, you will have the opportunity to consult with our team about payment options and have all of your questions answered. Our team is even available if you desire an additional in-office financial consultation. We take pride in financial transparency.
The typical timeline for Multi-Tooth Implant placement is as follows:
- Extraction of tooth to be replaced with bone preservation.
- Healing period of 8-12 weeks for bone growth and development.
- Placement of the implant “screw” portion.
- Healing period of 8-12 weeks for development and fusion of bone to the implant surface.
- Restoration of the implant(s) with crown, bridge or denture by your dentist.
Using X-Guide for Better Implant Placement
An X-Guide machine is a surgical navigation unit that uses a light and a camera to detect real-time changes and provides vital information to guide the implantation process. It produces 3D, real-time navigation for dental implants. Unlike the printed guided process, there is no extended turnaround time, so same-day guided surgery is a reality.
Benefits of X-Guide
Using an X-Guide machine during the implantation process helps Dr. Ward to better assess how to place the implant. Not only does this simplify the process for Dr. Ward, but it also makes it easier for you! The benefits of this procedure include:
- Quicker Treatment
- With more control over the entire dental implant process, X-Guide allows for quicker, more accurate placement. This means you can spend less time in the dental chair!
- More Precise Treatment
- There is no guesswork with X-Guide implant mapping. Dr. Ward will be able to avoid tender nerves and find the optimal insertion point with precise accuracy, which means less trauma at the insertion site and quicker healing so you can get back to your normal life!
- More Affordable
- X-Guide mapping is just a fraction of the cost of traditional implant guided dentistry.